Making Jewelry into Memories


 This is a pencil drawing of the last ring from the previous post. My Dad would start with a drawing like this. Then he would put a piece of "Vellum" or heavy tracing paper over it and paint the Vellum using watercolors. The Vellum has the perfect surface for the detailed painting.



The wedding band at the top is one of several designs my Dad made for a couple about 30 years ago, 

The couple was very involved in the design process because they wanted bands that expressed their personal tastes and aesthetics.

They decided to go with the design on her finger. Its two tone with yellow gold on the outside and white gold in the center. 

A few years ago the husband asked me to design a pendant that matched the wedding ring for their 30th anniversary. 

That is something I love about being involved in jewelry design. We're not just custom making jewelry, we're actually helping people to express themselves and who they are through the jewelry they wear. 




















I'll end this post on a lighter note. Back in the day men would come in after an Elk hunt and want a piece of jewelry (usually a ring) made out of one of the Elk's two ivory teeth. I haven't seen a ring like this in some time. Enjoy.

Some fashion trends thankfully never caught on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My ring doesn't fit anymore!

Hybrids

Bench Works