Old School Meets New School

 

This was one of the last rings my Dad designed and rendered. A couple had bought their original engagement ring and wedding bands from my Dad when they were younger, and had developed a good relationship with him over the years. In 2014 they decided to celebrate their marriage by purchasing a significantly larger diamond than they could afford 30 years before. They wanted my Dad to design a ring that would be easy to wear, but beautiful as well.

My Dad came up with this design and asked me to complete it using a jewelry designing program on the computer. 

I finished the mounting and set the diamond. Around this time my Dad got very sick, and eventually had several major surgeries in the course of a week. At a point in time my wife and I thought my Dad wouldn't make it...but he did. And went on to work for several more years. He was 83 at the time.

This ring is a perfect example of what my Dad and I thought was the Inlow Designs aesthetic. Clean, uncluttered, easy to look at. The eyes and the soul are well pleased.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My ring doesn't fit anymore!

Hybrids

Bench Works